Complete the multiplication and division questions. Here is a help sheet to support you with the more complicated questions:
1. 213 x 0 =
2. 9 x 41 =
3. 596 x 7 =
4. 607 x 83 =
5. 4078 x 67 =
6. 836 x 27 =
Create a fact file on one of Darwin’s discoveries.
Practice spelling the following silent letter words that have appeared in previous SATs papers:
Sign, Knock, Crumb, Bruise, Thumb, Descendant, Knowledge, Doubt, Conscience, Biscuit
- TT Rockstars
BUT also have fun in the SNOW!!
Welcome to Spring Term:
8:45 - 9:00 - Morning Work - TTRockstars and Lexia
9:00 - 10:00 - Maths
10:00 - 10:30 - SPaG
10:30 - 10:45 - Break
10:45 - 11:15 - Guided Reading
11:15 - 12:15 - English
12:15 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 1:30 - Additional Maths session
1:30 - 3:00 - Foundation Subjects
3:00 - 3:20 - Assembly
Our Topics this Term
Our text will be Origin of Species which is based on the discoveries of Charles Darwin. We will be producing a Discovery Narrative and Explanation Text. This text links really nicely to our Science topic of Evolution and Inheritance.
We are using the Power Maths scheme – Practice Book B and will be covering the following topics:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Area, Perimeter and Volume
We will also be having frequent practice of SATs past papers. If you would like further practice at home, there are lots of past papers attached to the bottom of this class page.
Our topic is Evolution and Inheritance. We will look at:
- What evolution is and explain
- Know how fossils can be used to find out about the past, and explain the fossilisation process
- Recognise that living things produce offspring of the same kind, but normally offspring vary and are not identical to their parents
- Identify how animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment in different ways and that adaptation may lead to evolution
- Recognise that living things have changed over time and that fossils provide information about living things that inhabited the Earth millions of years ago.
Year 6 have PE with Mr Lakin every Tuesday and will be having their additional PE lesson of Cricket on a Wednesday.
Please can all children come to school in their PE kits on these days. Remember that PE kits are navy or black bottoms, a white tshirt and navy or black jacket.
Homework goes out on a Friday and is returned the following Friday.
|ArithmeticPaper1||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper2||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper3||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper4||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper5||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper6||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper7||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper8||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|ArithmeticPaper9||05th Jan 2021||Download|
|Spelling support||20th Apr 2022||Download|