Year 1 home learning
NOTE: Please remember to send me photographs of work for this week - DAILY or every other day but MUST include previous day's work.
*NEW* *Changes to home learning*
- There will be an additional OPTIONAL Drop-In Session in the morning at 10:30am, which you can join if you have anything you need to ask, discuss or if are struggling with an activity for your home learning.
- Power Maths will be completed on the afternoon Zooms - Monday through to the Thursday instead of starting on Tuesday.
- The colour by calculation sheet in your new pack is to be completed on Friday instead of the Afternoon Zoom and there will be no afternoon Zoom. The OPTIONAL drop-in Zoom session in the morning on Friday will still happen.
- There is no Zoom on Friday due to this afternoon being called Family Friday - there will be an activity on the website that you can do that afternoon.
Join our daily Zoom sessions at 1:30pm where we will discuss the children’s work, mark the maths work and answer any questions about the work in the home learning pack.
A new link will be sent out each day.
If you have any questions, you can also email me in between the Zoom calls
Your home learning for this week is at the bottom of this page, just scroll down.
Each day a new set of home learning lessons will be on the class page that are included in your packs sent out. To view the set of lessons for the whole week (that are also in your packs), scroll down to the bottom of the page and download the learning for the week.
- 1 hour Phonics, Reading, RM Easi Maths/Active Learn
- 1 hour Maths – Power Maths practice book
- 1 hour – other activities in your pack (foundation grid), Animals home learning pack or additional activities on the website
This pack contains everything needed for the first week back after term.
- RM Easi Maths, Active Learn and Oxford Owl logins (stuck to the inside cover of your folder given out last time)
- Pink book to record Phonics, English and any of the foundation subjects
- *NEW* Phonics pack – focus on a sound a day
- Overview of Maths for the first week with page numbers and the Power Maths books to record in
- Overview of English for the week
- *NEW* Foundation subject grid with activities for you to choose from (Additional activities will be uploaded to the website.)
- Number formation sheet
- Letter formation sheet
Some of you may have different English lessons to suit the needs of your child and if you have any questions about these, then email me.
- RM Easi Maths is now accessed on the internet not through the app. Visit www.rmeasimaths.com
- If you would like to read free e-books at the appropriate level for you child, then login via www.oxfordowl.co.uk using the details on the card stuck into the front of your folder.
- Don’t miss the daily online Read Write Inc phonics sessions on YouTube at 9:30am each day available for 24 hours. If you would like to know the appropriate set for your child then feel free to email me and I will let you know. https://www.youtube.com/c/RuthMiskinTrainingEdu/videos?reload=9
Monday 1st March
Don't go ahead in the maths as each page has been planned to be covered for the whole term so all children are doing the same lesson each day. Then when the children have returned to school, they will all continue on the same day.
Power Maths Practice Book – Solving word problems – length –
Watch my maths input for today's lesson.
Complete pages 99-103 in your Power Maths book.
In your pack, there is a new phonics pack. Some of you have the igh sound and some of you have the split a_e sound. Focus on one activity each day.
Visit https://www.youtube.com/c/RuthMiskinTrainingEdu/videos?reload=9 and watch one phonics session suitable for your child (Set 1, 2 or 3) – email me to find out the correct session for your child.
Read a book from home or on the Oxford Owl website using the login in your folder.
Use bossy verbs
Tomorrow you are going to be writing a set of instructions. Instructions use bossy verbs. Verbs are action words (doing words) like dance, jump.
Verbs on their own can sound bossy because they tell you to do something.
Use the bossy verbs below to make a command.
Cut, brush, sit, mix, draw, jump, push
E.g. Brush your teeth gently.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBodyCoachTV/videos - take part in a Joe Wicks workout – available Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9am.
See PE lesson activities for this week in the documents at the bottom of the Year 1 page
PE - Live PE sessions every weekday at 10am with various Sports Coaching Group coaches as well as our mascot Tommy the Tiger.
SEE THE DOCUMENTS SECTION FOR THE GYMNASTICS PLAN FOR THIS WEEK
This week’s timetable is:
Monday - Boxercise - https://youtu.be/nPrwXMnpbEs
Tuesday - Dodgeball - https://youtu.be/Ce6m2W-lQF0
Wednesday - Gymnastics - https://youtu.be/u3ovRVNgVcY
Thursday - Street Dance - https://youtu.be/9lwIPwCQ6xo
Friday - Basketball - https://youtu.be/bRh1909aOk4
Music (Week Beginning 11/1/21) –
Daily Big Sing:
11/1/21 - https://youtu.be/VcGtHuTPdYU
12/1/21 - https://youtu.be/sbFuOZ214TE
10/1/21 - https://youtu.be/QfO0qVmPs1U
11/1/21 - https://youtu.be/1vuNwe5PtU0
12/1/21 - https://youtu.be/5hxvn0jLiKY
'Music @ home' videos:
KS1 - https://youtu.be/pMs6-twyf1I
KS2 - https://youtu.be/H255F16evwY
|Home learning 1.2.21||30th Jan 2021||Download|
|Home learning 8.2.21||06th Feb 2021||Download|
|PE Gymnastics Plan at home learning||07th Feb 2021||Download|
|Home learning 22.2.21||21st Feb 2021||Download|
|UK 5 6 4 HM Piece 1||23rd Feb 2021||Download|
|T t 2548880 ks1 schools in the past powerpoint ver 2 1||24th Feb 2021||Download|
|Home learning 1.3.21||26th Feb 2021||Download|