Welcome to Reception Class. This half term our topics are Space, Superheroes and People Who Help Us.
SNOW DAY LEARNING
In Literacy, we are reading Star in a Jar by Sam Hay.
In Maths, we are decomposing numbers using parts and wholes.
Our RE big question is 'What makes me special?'. As part of this we will be looking at how Christians welcome babies into the world.
Our PSHE is topic is 'Dreams and Goals'. We will be discussing how we can achieve our dreams and goals and learning skills such a perseverence.
In Music, we are learnign about volume, short sounds and long sounds and playing different percussion instruments.
For 'Understanding the World', we have been exploring floating and sinking and displacement. We watched a funny story called Mr Archimedes' Bath.
Information about upcoming events and school infromation is shared on Tapestry.
Below, is a video to show you how to set up your account once you have been sent the activation email:
Important things to remember:
- Children need to wear PE kit to school on Wednesday.
- We will be providing your child with a reading book bag, they should bring this to school daily along with their reading record and book. At the start of the year, children will choose a story book, whcih can be shared and enjoyed together at home.
- Once we begin phonics, books will be changed when your child can read them fluently and at least 5 times.
- Each Friday new spelling work is handed out, which needs to be brought back every Friday. The children can go on the bikes if they complete ALL their spellings.
- If your child is now 5 years old, you will need to pay for them to have milk. This is 30p per day.
- If your child wishes to have a slice of toast each day, they need to bring in 20p.