Welcome back to our final half-term! We will be following our children's interests by focussing on 'All Creatures Great and Small'. As we have been digging in our class garden we have discovered worms and other minibeasts. So we will begin with information books about 'Insects'.
In Literacy, we will be learning 'facts' and 'information' about insects and other animals. We will be creating our own fact files using the information we have discovered using labels and sentences.
In Maths, we will be looking at measuring and comparing height, length, weight and capacity. Also we will be halving, doubling and sharing.
Our RE big question is 'Why do Christains go to church? We shall discover what happens in a church and why.
PSHE is focussing on 'Changing Me' which links to our bodies and the way in which we change and grow from being a baby to an adult.
In Technology we will look at the ways in which technology is used in school and thinking about how we select the appropriate technology for the right purpose. For example, what would you use to take a photograph with?
We will be exploring 'paper tearing' in our Art work and will be looking carefully at animal patterns and will try to re-create them e.g. zebra, giraffe, ladybird.
As ever your support is greatly appreciated and needed if we are to enable our children to continue to catch up with their learning.
Important things to remember:
- Your child should bring a reading bag to school daily.
- Each Friday new phonics, tricky words, spellings and reading books will be put into your child’s reading bag. Please ensure that your child’s Reading Record Book, Spelling book and Reading Book are brought into school every Friday.
- Homework - please support your child to read their book, spellings, phonics and tricky words every day. Please sign your child's reading book each time they read at home so that they can jump along our class reading Rainbow.
- If your child is now 5 years old you will need to pay for them to have milk.
- If your child wishes to have a slice of toast each Thursday you will need to pay 20p.
- Remember we cannot take cash to pay for snacks and milk.
- Please ensure your child brings a water bottle each day (especially as the weather gets warmer).