Welcome to Daven Primary School. I am looking forward to welcoming you all in September.
Our first topic will be Nursery Rhymes.
In Literacy, we will be enjoying nursery rhymes together and learning how to rhyme, as well as recognising and writing our names.
In Maths, we will be focussing on numbers to 5, comparing numbers, number bonds and 2D and 3D shapes.
Our RE big question is 'What makes me special?'. As part of this we will be looking at how Christians welcome babies into the world.
Our PSHE is topic is 'Being Me in My World'. We will be discussing how we are similar and different to others as well as recognising and managing our emotions. I will be sending home a brown paper bag with instructions for an All About Me activity to support with this.
For 'Understanding the World', we will be exploring Sunflowers, using magnifying glasses to look at them closely and discussing growth, change and decay.
In the coming weeks, we will be using Tapestry to share work your child does at school. We have also set up a Reception class news page where we will send work the children have completed as a class or to share information.
If you haven't already, please could you sign and bring back the agreement letter sent out. We cannot activate your account until this has been signed.
Below, is a video to show you how to set up your account once you have been sent the activation email:
Important things to remember:
- Children need to wear PE kit to school on Wednesday.
- We will be providing your child with a reading book bag, they should bring this to school daily along with their reading record and book. At the start of the year, children will choose a story book, whcih can be shared and enjoyed together at home.
- Once we begin phonics, books will be changed when your child can read them fluently and at least 5 times.
- Each Friday new spelling work is handed out, which needs to be brought back every Friday. The children can go on the bikes if they complete ALL their spellings.
- If your child is now 5 years old, you will need to pay for them to have milk. This is 30p per day.
- If your child wishes to have a slice of toast each day, they need to bring in 20p.